Based on real events, Huda’s Salon is a heart-racing, entertaining feminist thriller, where two women fight for their freedom.
Reem — a young mother married to a jealous man — goes to Huda’s salon in Bethlehem for a haircut and an attentive ear.
But this ordinary visit turns sour when Huda, after having put Nadia in a shameful situation, blackmails her to have her work for the secret service of the occupiers,
and thus betray her people.
Cast: Ali Suliman, Samer Bisharat, Maisa Abd Elhadi, Manal Awad
Screenplay: Hany Abu-Assad
Director: Hany Abu-Assad
Production: H&A Production, Lagoonie Film Production, Film Clinic, MAD Solutions, Key Films
- Toronto International Film Festival
- Red Sea International Film Festival
- Tetouan Mediterranean Film Festival
- Beirut International Women Film Festival
- Special Jury Prize (Mohammed Al-Rakab Award) at Tetouan Mediterranean Film Festival
- Special Jury Mention at Beirut International Women Film Festival
- Best Actress at the Critics Awards for Arab Films