Sudan, province of Aljazira, nowadays – Shortly after Muzamil was born, a prophecy by the holy
man of the village predicts that he will die at age 20. Muzamil's father cannot stand the curse
and leaves home. Sakina raises her son as a single mother, with overly protection. One day,
Muzamil turns 19...
Directed by: Amjad Abu Alala
Written by: Youssef Ibrahim, Amjad Abu Alala
Produced by: Mohamed Hefzy, Hossam Elouan, Ingrid Lill Høgtun, Amjad Abu Alala, Mohammed
CoProduction: Film Clinic, Transit Films, DUO Film AS, Die Gessellschaft DGS, Station Films
Cinema Production co.Lt
- Special Jury Mention at the Mumbai Film Festival
- Golden Tanit Award at the Carthage Film Festival (JCC)
- International Federation of Film Critics "FIPRESCI" Award for Best Film at the Carthage Film
- Best Screenplay at the Carthage Film Festival (JCC)
- Special Jury Mention in Mumbai Film Festival
- The Lion of the Future – “Luigi De Laurentiis” Venice Award for a debut film
- The Advantage Association’s award at the Venice Days for being the most influential African
film at the festival.
- A 100,000 USD worth grant from Filmauro.
- El Gouna Golden Star for Narrative Film ($50,000)